FORECAST by Meteoclim
AVERAGE WEATHER CONDITIONS IN OCTOBER
The weather in Buenos Aires (River Plate -or Rio de la Plata) shows 4 distinct seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.
In October we are at the beginning of Spring and the weather is somehow changeable with a mean of 10 days of rain and 120 mm of rainfall. As of today, October 6th, there have already been 4 rainy days.
- The average temperature is 17ºC
- The average maximum temperature is 24ºC at around 15:00 hs
- The average minimum temperature is 13ºC at around 17:00 hs
- In the month there are 220 hours of sun on average
- The sunrise is at 6:00 hrs and sunset at 19:15 hs
The wind pattern is changeable not only in direction but also in speed, being the "Pampero" and the "Sudestada" the most extreme conditions:
- Pampero - Strong wind from the South West that develops after a cold front. It can reach 40 knots but the maximum strenght lasts a short period of time, after which the strenght decreases and may continue blowing for a couple of days.
- Sudestadas - Moderate to strong winds from the South East. They blow for more than one day. They can bring rain and blow for 1 to 2 days bringing low clouds and rain. These winds are not frequent in October.
Both of the above conditions are easily forecasted more than 24 hours in advance.
Generally speaking, however, winds in October blow mainly from the North - North East, or South East, at 10 to 15 knots during the day. Calms are not an exception.